Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Secret Sisters



If you don't know about these gals,Lydia and Laura Rogers, from Alabama, you should ! They have the most fabulous voices.
Imagine you are in a dance hall in the 1920's midwest USA, close your eyes & listen, i swear they will transport you back in time !
The Secret Sisters recorded in a crazy two-week recording time frame. The producers used vintage analogue recording equipment and vintage microphones, determined to properly capture The Secret Sisters’ magical harmonizing and stunning vocal power.
“In The Secret Sisters, you can hear the history of rural American music from the 1920s and a reverence for every musical genre since,” stated their grammy winning producer T Bone Burnett.
Listen to them here and here

Their website is here.

5 comments:

  1. My friend Mike Walker turned me on to these gals! They have the sweetest voices and amazing style! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these gals has their first album come out yet??? I have been waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kitty! It's Ashley of Lisa Freemont Street. I don't know how I missed your blog. :) But glad I found you...love the Secret Sisters. I actually contacted them recently about possibly styling them up for a video, so that I could also expose their music to my viewers. I didnt expect a response (and didnt get one) but how cool would THAT be?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are awesome! love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE these two! I play their album so much my husband is starting to sing along. :)

    ReplyDelete